Ep. 011: How to Build Your Own Version of Success
The internet has provided the ability for many of us to have online businesses, but it also brings a lot of negativity. We can easily get distracted and build someone else's versions of success, instead of creating our own version of success. Erin Shebish shares ways to build your own version of success by breaking the rules and being uniquely YOU!
HOW TO BUILD YOUR OWN VERSION OF SUCCESS
- Break the rules - it’s OK!
- Success is not the same for everyone.
- People seem to be preying on the “get rich quick from blogging” idea but it’s unrealistic. You don’t have to spend a ton of money to learn how to get started.
- A lot of these “mastermind” courses are things you can find in groups online, but they put it all together in a neat little package. You are sold the idea that you need this course to succeed.
- It’s discouraging to take a course with promised results, then not meeting those results.
- There is value in education, but be wary of courses that teach you how they did the thing to make themselves successful, because they are not YOU and their business isn’t your business.
- There’s not a formula for success for YOUR business because you have to go through your own journey.
- Erin equates success and fulfillment, which is why she encourages people to build their own version of success.
- Trying to do ALL THE THINGS will lead to burnout, and eventually will lead to negative self-talk.
- Your goal is to provide value to your readers for free, which asserts your authority and ultimately leads to people purchasing your services.
- Sacrificing your values is NOT success, and success is not always a financial goal.
- Erin has her clients complete a worksheet that helps them map out what’s important and where they’re actually spending their time.
- Learn to say “yes” to the things that excite you and “no” to the things that don’t fuel your passion.
- READ: Why It's Good to Be Different in Blogging and Business
- LISTEN: Honoring Your Priorities As A Solopreneur