Ep. 016: Building a Memorable Brand
Your brand is so much more than fonts, logos, and pretty colors. When it comes to building a memorable brand, Brianne of Brightly & Co. is an expert! Brianne has some great advice to help bloggers and online business owners hone in on their unique voice, and use their story to create a truly unique experience for their readers and clients.
BUILDING A MEMORABLE BRAND
- Branding is a story. Your story includes your background and your history, and your visuals and the intangibles - the way you write or talk - tell your brand story.
- Your voice is part of your branding, and it's important to develop your voice. Write every single day - write something often to hone in on your own unique voice. Brianne likes doing voice memos, then listen to yourself talk and write it out.
- If people meet you and you're nothing like you are online, that's bad branding. Authenticity is incredibly important.
- Brianne asks clients a series of intentionally vague questions to get to know them, then helps them hash out their responses and turn that into a memorable brand.
- Create a Pinterest board and pin anything that inspires you, then see how it all comes together.
- Be sure to interview multiple branding experts before hiring one in order to be sure it's a good fit.
- If considering a rebrand, be sure you're in the right mindspace. Do you hate your existing brand? Does your website make you not-so-happy?
- Your brand should already be evolving.
- Start with the 4 pillars of branding: What do you do, who you do it for, why do you do what you do, how are you going to do it.
- Download Brianne's free branding workbook HERE.
- Brianne's favorite business resources can be found HERE.
- Join Brianne's Facebook group HERE.
- SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Brianne & I have created #InfluenceHour, a twice-monthly Twitter chat! Click HERE, or use the sign-up form below, to get notifications of #InfluenceHour dates & times!