How $20 Made Me More Productive (Bye, Blue Light!)
I'm not even kidding with that title. A small $20 investment helped me become a more functional and productive online entrepreneur. The only thing I wish is that I would have made the investment sooner!
Nope. I'm not talking about a program or eCourse or book or anything like that. I'm talking all about glasses.
Here's the thing. If you work online, chances are that you are spending an incredible amount of time looking at a screen. That's a big fat duh, right? Well the problem with this is that the screens that we look at every day for hours on end emit a specific type of light. Blue Light. And I'm not referring to the K-Mart Specials.
Blue light is all around us, sure. And it doesn't hurt you when it's naturally occurring. However, electronic devices emit a significant amount of blue light. Which ultimately can lead to some not fun side effects.
- Eye strain
- Increased the risk of macular degeneration
So yeah. Nothing good.
Luckily, there's a way to really alleviate some of those issues and it's under $20. And seriously, friend... I wish I would have bought these years ago.
Some back story. I'm a bit of a workaholic. I love what I do. But at the end of each day, I was suffering from irritated eyes, headaches and even insomnia. Turns out it's all a part of my digital strain. (Seriously, that's what they call it.) After doing some research, I came across blue light filtering glasses. Now I'd heard of these in the past but they were garishly yellow in the lens so I was skeptical.
Until I came across this pair.
Cyxus Blue Light Filtering Glasses are an economical way to reduce digital strain related symptoms.
(Please note, links included in this post are affiliate links.)
Cyxus Blue Light Filtering Glasses promise to cut up to 90% of the blue light emitted from your device to overall improve your well being. And they promise to do this for under $20.
Friend, they delivered. I've been wearing them for quite some time now and I can honest to goodness say that I feel a difference each day. I sleep more easily. I'm not constantly rubbing my eyes or having to rest my head on my desk because I have a headache.
And, ahem. They're super cute.
I mean, seriously.
Okay. So let's just cut to the chase. The pros and the cons of the Cyxus Blue Light Filtering Glasses.
- They are SUPER affordable. At just $19.90 (with free shipping if you have Prime!), you can afford to try them out!
- They're very comfortable to wear. Some non prescription lenses can be uncomfortable. This pair wears very comfortably. They don't slip and they don't pinch.
- The lenses do have a yellowish tinge. Not enough to be noticeable while you're wearing them. You won't feel like you're wearing a pair of crazy sunglasses or anything.
- In my experience, they really improved my online productivity since I'm not dying of eye strain every day now!
- There are SO MANY styles to choose from!
- These are not prescription lenses. If you need glasses to get around or see the computer, your best bet is to head to the eye doctor and chat them up. They work beautifully with contacts.
- The yellow, while subtle, can distort colors while working on graphics and whatnot. If you're a photographer that edits photos, you may want to skip out on these during an editing session.
- The lens did pop out during a cleaning. It popped right back in but it's something you should know!
Oh yes. This is definitely my new favorite thing forever and always.
Tell me... how to you deal with digital eye strain?
Until next time, have a beautiful day!