Ep. 017: How to Create Community Through Twitter Chats
When you think of building a community online, you may not think of Twitter chats. However, Kayla Hollatz, founder of #CreateLounge, has built a large & engaged community online through Twitter chats. She shares her story and offers tips to help others use the power of Twitter chats to foster their own online community.
HOW TO CREATE COMMUNITY THROUGH TWITTER CHATS
- Kayla started her career in PR & social media, and loved blogging, but discovered that her heart was more for the creative bloggers and entrepreneurs.
- The leap of faith to start #CreateLounge changed her business and, subsequently, her life. She called it a "gathering", and it truly feels like a community.
- She joined a ton of Twitter chats before starting her own. Twitter is a great place to connect with anyone from a solopreneur or blogger with a side hustle to a corporate executive.
- Twitter chat conversations can turn into email or Skype conversations, and allow you to make genuine connections during live conversation.
- Kayla blends educational topics with inspirational and motivational topics.
- The community has been built on taking the conversations out of the Twitter chat into other areas, like blog posts, challenges, emails, Facebook groups, podcasts, etc. to keep the conversation going. Help people learn in whatever way they like to learn.
- Think about who your ideal client or buyer already is then think about how they already connect with you. Think about ways to build community there - webinars, in-real-life events, podcasts, groups, etc.
- Be a community member first, before you're a community leader. People have to know the mission of a brand before they can be an evangelist of your brand.
- #CreateLounge is the reason Kayla has the business she has today. She needed her community in order to grow her business, and her business is all about creating community.
- Join Kayla's #CreateLounge conversation HERE.
- Kayla just launched Crickets to Community, an amazing course that teaches you how to create a community with your website.