Ep. 074: The Importance of Knowing What You Know
We are inspired by the train wreck that is the Facebook lawsuit going on right now. The Senators asking questions are completely clueless as to how Facebook, and the internet in general, works, so we decided to talk about how important it is know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
- Be wary of crowdsourcing for business advice. For example, when determining what business structure to set up, consult a professional (attorney, CPA, etc.)
- When someone tells you what they did for their business, that doesn't mean that's what you should do for your business.
- Check your source. If someone is speaking "facts", make sure they have resources to back it up. Someone who read a couple of blog posts on a subject is not an "expert".
Got questions about GDPR or anything else we talked about in this episode? Join the Wit + Wisdom Community!
- Dollar Boss Club Live Training: April 19, 2018, 7pm EST - How to Build a Sustainable and Engaging Brand
- ConvertKit Training: How to Get Your First (or Next) 1000 Subscribers - April 26, 2018 at 6pm EST
- ConvertKit Training: How to Turn Subscribers into Customers - May 3, 2018 at 6pm EST