Ep. 075: Spring Cleaning Your Business
Grab your Febreze and Swiffer! It's time to spring clean your business! We don't like to wait until year-end to do some housekeeping. If you do it seasonally, it's a lot easier to keep an eye on your business and make things run smoothly all year long!
- Every quarter, reassess your expenses.
- Reconcile your accounts and make sure you balance.
- Cancel platforms you no longer use.
- Downgrade plans that offer various options that might serve your business just as well.
- Set aside/pay at least 30% of your income for quarterly taxes.
SOCIAL MEDIA + EMAIL:
- Unfollow people on social media, or leave groups that no longer serve you.
- Get rid of follow/unfollow apps.
- Clean your email list, removing people who no longer engage with your emails.
- Clean your own inbox! Unsubscribe from newsletters you no longer enjoy, and delete old emails just hanging out in your inbox.
- Organize your regularly used graphics and files into folders.
- Back up your files. Google Drive is a great backup but organize that with folders as well.
- Empty your download folder and trash folder.
- Evaluate your annual goals to see if you're still on track, or if you need to change your goals.
- Remember, changing goals is a sign of growth, not failure.
SYSTEMS + PROCESSES:
- There's always something about your workflows, systems, and processes that you want to tweak every time you go through them. Take the time to update them.
- Have a friend go through your workflow and take notes, then make edits.
HOME PAGE + CONTENT STRATEGY:
- Take a look at the home page of your blog and make sure it's serving your business and converting traffic.
- As your goals and focus areas shift, you should be updating your home page so you are directing people to the most important parts of your business.