Ep. 008: Honoring Your Priorities as a Solopreneur
Whether or not your blogging for fun or blogging for business, you must keep in mind that honoring your priorities is vital to mental & emotional health. I personally struggle from time to time, but I have developed techniques and tools to help me keep my priorities in check as I grow my business.
HONORING YOUR PRIORITIES AS A SOLOPRENEUR
- It's one thing to say you have priorities, and another to live them out in your day-to-day life, even when you're busy.
- Make a point to write down your priorities and keep them in front of you.
- Start your day with intention, whatever that looks like for you. For me, it's Bible study and a shower.
- Particularly when you work from home, set the tone of your day by getting dressed for work.
- Knowing your priorities allows you to make educated decisions when opportunities arise, helping you say yes and no to the right things.
- If you work from home, set office hours and make them known to your clients and your family, then stick to them.
- Above all else, remember you're just one person, so give yourself grace.
- End your day with intention, prepping for the next day and getting a good night's sleep.
- Need help creating a mission statement? Regina of byRegina.com has a great post about that.
- For tips on finding work/life/blog balance, check out THIS POST.