How to Foster a Community on Instagram
Fun fact: There are over 800 million active users on Instagram each month. That's a lot of noise! With the ever-changing algorithms and non-chronological feeds, coupled with the steady growth of new accounts, how do you foster a community on Instagram?
Instagram provides several incredible features that makes it easier than ever to foster a community on this social platform, but you have to use them! Watch and learn (or scroll for bullet points, you're choice).
INSTAGRAM FEATURES THAT FOSTER COMMUNITY
- Instagram Stories are excellent ways to connect with your community. Show behind-the-scenes, exciting announcements, and a day in the life.
- Mention people you love, who inspire you, or who you've collaborated with in your IG Stories.
- When people reply to your IG Stories, be sure to reply!
- Instagram polls are great ways to learn more about your community. Ask questions and gauge the results.
- Instagram Live will probably become more important over the course of the year. Lives stay in your IG Story for 24 hours. Engage with live viewers, answer questions on the spot, and have fun!
- Instagram opens a comment box for you if you linger on an Instagram post for more than 5 seconds, encouraging you to engage. Don't just say "Nice!" or something similar. Leave a genuine comment.
- Find people you follow who you really enjoy, then see who they follow. This will help you connect to more people. Reach out to these new people and leave a comment or send them a direct message.
Bottom line: The goal is to be social! Don't just post and run. Engage with people, leave comments, reply to comments and DMs, and take full advantage of the features provided directly in the Instagram app!