Introducing the Blog Fuel Podcast
About a year ago, I received an email from a reader casually mentioning that they would love for me to create a podcast. That was the spark.
At the time, it was something I just shrugged off. I thought there was nothing I could say that anyone would want to listen to. I thought it was too much work. I thought it was something other people did.
I thought wrong.
Over the past year, that spark settled into my head and my heart and became an idea that rooted itself. That idea became a plan and now, today, it's a reality. Introducing the Blog Fuel Podcast, education & encouragement for goal-getters like YOU!
I finally decided to make this podcast happen about two months ago, back in March. I started researching how to create a podcast, because I literally had no clue where to start. Per my friend Kirsten Oliphant's suggestion, I discovered John Lee Dumas and his free podcast course, so I signed up and took gobs of notes.
After learning some of the basic mechanics of podcasting, it was time to get to work. I had to choose a name, figure out the format I wanted, if I were to have guests, how often the episodes would air...all that stuff.
I currently host an active Facebook group called Blog Fuel and thought that name would also be great for a podcast. The more I tossed the name around, the more I liked it, so it stuck.
Over the past two months, in preparation for today, I have:
- Bought & taught myself how to use Audacity for recording & editing
- Bought & taught myself how to use Pamela to record Skype calls
- Created the format for the podcast
- Emailed dozens of bloggers and creative entrepreneurs begging & pleading with them to be guests on my show
- Set up a scheduling system for those guests so they could schedule their recording time with me
- Created the podcast iTunes artwork
- Prayed over every single guest prior to recording our episodes
- Recorded (as of today) about 9 hours of podcasts with guests
- Listened to those 9 hours of podcast recordings for at least 27 hours
- Launched an Instagram account exclusively for the Blog Fuel podcast
- Created dozens of graphics for said Instagram account
- Created and managed a launch plan on Instagram
- Bought & taught myself how to use Libsyn for podcast hosting
- Learned that iTunes can take up to 3 weeks(!!!) to approve a new podcast, but thankfully they got mine approved in only a few days!
- Edited and published the first two episodes
- Written show notes for both of the first two episodes
- Created graphics for the first two episodes
- Emailed the graphics and links to the guests from the first two episodes
- Written & mailed thank-you notes & a small gift as a token of my appreciation to the first few guests, and more to come
- Worked 14 hours on Saturday to get everything finished & tied up in a pretty bow for you today!
- Re-editied both of the first 2 episodes yesterday because I just wasn't happy with them initially, and I'm SO glad I did because they sound so much better now.
I'm sure there's more but that's all I can remember. Launching the Blog Fuel podcast has not been easy, but I can honestly say it's been one of the most fun projects, and labors of love, I've ever created, and I feel like I'm birthing a child for you today!
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Blog Fuel Podcast provides high octane education & encouragement for goal-getters like you, helping to keep the engine of your blog and creative business running smoothly so you avoid a breakdown. (That's good stuff huh? Straight from each episode's intro!)
My goal with this podcast is to provide you with educational content, blog and business knowledge, and encouraging & inspiring stories in a casual and fun environment. I want you to feel like you're having a cup of coffee with me and my guests, chatting about this bloggy biz we're running.
It's fun, it's entertaining, it's educational...it's just plain ol' good stuff.
THE FIRST TWO
The first two episodes are ready for you. Let me give you a little background first.
Episode #001 is all about Instagram with the Instagram Queen herself, Stephanie Gilbert of Small Talk Social. Stephanie is so sweet, and really knows what it takes to build an Instagram grid that gets you noticed. She's a lot of fun to talk to, and I love that she's a Southern woman like me. I'm actually fortunate enough to get to meet her next week when I travel to Birmingham, AL, to work on Home Grown Bloggers!
Episode #002 is with my girl Amy Latta from One Artsy Mama. Amy & I both started blogging around the same time and we met pretty early in our blogging journey. We became fast friends, and it's been amazing to watch her blog grow into a full-fledged business.
I'm extra proud of her for her most recent accomplishment - signing a book deal for a hand-lettering book! She's incredibly talented, genuinely sweet, and knows how to build a thriving community with her readers. You'll love listening to her tips...and her kitty Flynn makes an appearance, too!
HOW TO LISTEN
Every episode will have its own blog post right here on Sweet Tea, LLC. I'll share the podcast player in each post, as well as show notes and links to connect with each guest.
You can find links to every episode any time on the Blog Fuel Podcast landing page, too.
New episodes will be published every Friday at 6:00am EST. Subscribe through iTunes and you'll get notified of each new episode. Alternatively, you can just pop over here to the blog every Wednesday to catch them all.
Roughly every fourth episode will be me flying solo. I'll talk to you about email marketing, launching big projects (like a podcast, for example), running a business, or any other topic you want me to discuss. And I do it all with a big mason jar of sweet tea by my side.
TOPIC & GUEST SUGGESTIONS
I don't know if you know this, but Wednesday happens every week. Which means I need topics and guests every single week. While I currently don't have a shortage of content for the podcast (thank you wonderful guests!!!), I'm always open to suggestions!
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW OR EMAIL ME TELLING ME:
- What you want us to chat about on an upcoming episode
- Who do you want me to have as a guest
- If you want to be a guest & what we'd talk about
- That you're super stinkin' excited about the Blog Fuel podcast and you can't wait to listen to the first two episodes!!!
So what are you waiting for? GO LISTEN!!!