Life Made Lovely EP 001 : Overcoming Fear
But it doesn't have to. In this debut episode of the Life Made Lovely Podcast, I'm digging into a topic that often weighs quite heavily on me. We're talking all about fear. I'm going to share with you my journey with fear, what research says about it and why we need to rid ourselves of this overwhelming emotion as much as possible.
- Fear is a normal emotion. And it's okay to feel it. In fact, it would be more concerning if you were completely fearless in your life!
- While it is a normal emotion, often it can feel like it's suffocating us. It can prevent us from moving forward, putting us in a place of crippling anxiety.
- Many don't realize that fear will rob us of joy. We self sabotage our way back into a comfort zone. Which a place that fear doesn't exist.
- "Great things never come from comfort zones." You know it, I know. Comfort zones are good for just that... comfort. But when you're ready to grow and make big things happen, you have to step outside of that zone.
- Stepping out is scary because we often do it alone. And doing something alone can make you feel vulnerable.
- We, as a society, thrive in a world of acceptance. Many of our fears are rooted in the possibly of being rejected or not being accepted for who we are. We want to fit it. We want to be a part of something. We don't want people to see us make mistakes or do something wrong.
- Much of this fear is rooted in an unrealistic belief that we should be perfect at all times. Perfection is a myth. It's nothing something that we should be striving for. Because perfection is so so boring.
- Fear are often unfounded. We believe that something bad will happen, people will walk away from us or write us off... but imperfection and failure don't mean the end. And your tribe won't write you off over being human.