Life Made Lovely Podcast EP 002 : How to Overcome Comparison
Want to know what a lot of people get hung up on in business that has nothing to do with strategy?
Comparison. Competition. Feelings of jealousy.
These feeling are all real and can leave a bad taste in your mouth. This week, we're going to dive into it and why competition isn't a bad thing at all.
- Jealousy is a normal emotion. It happens. But the truth is that jealousy is simply veiled admiration. Unfortunately, that veil is a negative one. We decide that it makes the other person somehow wrong or that there's something wrong with us. That's simply not the case.
- When we find ourselves jealous of others, it's typically because we feel a struggle within ourselves. We feel like we're somehow not performing well enough. There's something wrong with us.
- There is room at the table for everyone. But if you continue to see the business world with a scarcity mindset, it'll be an ugly place. One that you won't want to be a part of.
- The comparison trap is easy to fall into. But not realistic. People are designed to be unique. Each one of us has a unique take and a unique purpose. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Sure, they're both fruits but they're distinctly different.
- Competition isn't about being better than one another or even about copycats and similarities. Competition is about embracing the unique facets of yourself and your business. It's about the gap that you can fill in your market. It's about appealing to people that need to a hear a message directly from you.
- Use your impact to create change the world. Partner with your competitors to greater greater impact. To reach the goals that you set and make a ripple of change around you.
- Remember each and every single day... you are amazing. And that's the truth.