Ep. 014: How To Stand Out In Your Niche
You're not just another voice in a sea of same-ness! You have something that is uniquely you, and Rachel Moffett from The Haute Notes wants to help you to stand out in your niche, as she and I offer insights into our own businesses and tips that you can apply immediately to your online presence.
HOW TO STAND OUT IN YOUR NICHE
- Rachel took a completely different path to create her business, and that part of her story is part of what makes her stand out in her niche.
- If you feel like everyone is doing what you're doing, the advice Rachel has to offer is this: No one else can do what you do with your unique voice, so pursue what lights you up.
- Establishing a community helps you become a valuable resource for your readers.
- A brand helps you stand out, but it's more than fonts & colors. The look of your brand will attract certain people, but connection comes from the voice you use to tell your story.
- Writing consistently helps you define your voice and stand out in your niche - it's not something that comes naturally to everyone.
- It's important to niche-down, focus on something specific for your audience, rather than trying to be everything to everyone. Figure out who you're trying to reach and create content for them.
- Your goal should be engagement, not numbers.
- Collaborations are a great way to connect with other people in your niche. It's powerful when you can come together and create something amazing.
- Collaborations are also a great way to improve your craft and stand out even more in your niche.
- Figure out what that thing is you're going to focus on in order to build loyalty and establish yourself as an authority.
- It's OK to love a lot of things, but that doesn't mean you need to write about all the things.
- If you want to make money, choose a niche that you can monetize. Be sure whatever niche you choose has passion & profitability.
- Blogging without passion is not going to get you where you want to be. You should enjoy working on your business.
- Regina's 4 questions to crafting a mission statement
- What Rachel & other entrepreneurs say about passion projects