Ep. 023: Should I Take This Course?
If your inbox is bombarded with course offerings, webinar invitations, and bonus offers you CAN'T AFFORD TO MISS, then you need to listen to this episode. We know it's hard to decide which courses are worth the time and money. The sales talk is so convincing! But when you ask yourself, "Should I take this course?", here is what you should really consider.
SHOULD I TAKE THIS COURSE?
- There's more that goes into the decision-making process than the financial aspect of the course.
- First, ask yourself if the VALUE of the course is equivalent to the COST.
- If someone claims to be an "expert" in something, research their background and determine for yourself if they are an expert in your eyes.
- Beware of courses that promise to make you an expert in ALL THE THINGS. What is the ultimate end result of the course supposed to be, and is that what you're willing to pay for?
- When was the last time the content was updated? Blogging changes constantly, so be sure the content in any course is fresh and current.
- Don't stress yourself out to be able to afford a course. If you can't afford it, don't register for it. You won't be able to focus on the course because you'll be worried about the money the entire time.
- Save up a little bit each month until the next course launch, rather than stressing to register RIGHT NOW.
- Be cautious of courses whose price continues to go up but the value has not changed.
- Don't buy a course to get bonuses. If it's ebooks or workbooks, you probably won't even use them.
- Please do the work if you invest in these courses.
- Know what your weaknesses are and ONLY seek courses for that.
- Just because someone is an influencer in their industry doesn't mean they should charge a ton of money for their courses.
- Dig deeper when you read reviews by paid affiliates. They might be honest, but not complete.
- When you do register for a course, especially if you know it's going to be time-intensive, so prepare ahead of time. Get as much done ahead of time for your blog so you can only focus on your course.
- Treat self-paced courses as time sensitive courses and GET THEM DONE.
- Kirsten's courses
- Erin's courses
- Marie Forleo + B School
- Crystal Paine's blog, Money Saving Mom