Ep. 020: You Are Not Beyonce´(aka Time Management)
Let's be honest with ourselves, ok? We cannot do ALL THE THINGS, and we certainly can't do all the things well. We juggle too many things, and expect too much of ourselves. You are not Beyonce´, with her assistants and millions of dollars. So let's talk about time management, shall we?
Yes. Yes we shall.
Want to watch this episode? CLICK HERE to check it out on YouTube!
- The truth is, no one can do ALL THE THINGS, and do them effectively. We have to have structure & discipline.
- Your visual space is important. Take visual clutter away to avoid distractions and streamline your work process. Stations are great - create stations for each recurring task like photography, video recording, etc.
- Don't just schedule the deadline for a due date. Schedule each piece of the creation process.
- Make sure you love what you're blogging about or you'll procrastinate to no end.
- Come up with a workflow for everything that you do. Do the same steps in the same order every time.
- Bulk process your work. If you're a foodie, for example, try cooking multiple recipes for your blog in one day, then take all the photos, and edit all at one time.
- Multi-tasking is overrated! Focus on one thing at a time and do it well. Don't glamorize being busy.
- Alleviate distractions: close tabs you are not using, ignore your notifications until a project is completed, and schedule everything.
- Create order in your inbox then maintain it. Use folders, canned responses, and by all means, delete the junk first.
- Use social media scheduling tools to bulk schedule content. My personal favorite is CoSchedule.
- Project management is easier done when you understand which project should be top priority.
- Voxer: Erin's go-to voice message system for clients
- 6 Time Management Tips to Master Your Schedule
- How to Automate & Simplify Social Media Scheduling
- Create a Morning Routine
- Ep. 013 - Productivity & Efficiency as a Solopreneur
- Fizzle's Decision Matrix