Ep. 038: What Type of Content is Best For You?
As bloggers, we're trained to write blog posts, right? But there are so many types of content other than traditional blog posts! By knowing your target audience, you can create content that better serves them, and repurpose that content in a variety of ways! We talk all about it in this week's episode.
WHAT TYPE OF CONTENT IS BEST FOR YOU?
- Erin's news: AI names paint colors & it goes hilariously wrong
- Kirsten's news: Facebook will be streaming 20 MLB games this season, and hopes to partner with the NFL this fall
- There are many different types of content: blog posts, video, audio (podcast, anyone?), email newsletters, live broadcasts, etc.
- Video content is a great way to showcase your expertise and give potential clients a taste, giving them more information about you before they hire you.
- DIY content can be cumbersome when you have to stop each step of the process and take photos. Video content would be easier in that case.
- If you are embedding video or audio content into a blog post with show notes, keep in mind that you need a minimum of 300 words to help you get found in search.
- Repurpose one piece of content multiple ways. For example, one episode of Blog Fuel becomes: an iTunes episode, a YouTube video, a blog post with show notes, several short videos for Instagram and Facebook, several tweets on Twitter, and email newsletters.
- When using Facebook Live, you can improve that content after the broadcast ends. Download the video & make a few edits, then upload it to YouTube. Add custom thumbnails & more detailed descriptions with links on Facebook, too.
- Know your audience: Know where they hang out, what types of content would best serve them. Your whole point as a blogger is solving problems for your target audience.
- If you're unsure what your audience wants, ASK! Create a survey and send it to your email list and post it in your owned Facebook groups.
- Batch your work: record multiple episodes or videos in one sitting.